Adventures With Twinkie Chan & Sourpuss Clothing


I am so jazzed about what I'm sharing with you all today! A while back, Twinkie Chan and I were contacted by Sourpuss Clothing. They wanted to know if we'd be up for wearing their "Shake and Shimmy" dresses on an outing together and snapping some photos along the way. The dresses come in a pink spaghetti strap style, and an aqua peter pan collared number. The fabric print is a super cute retro-style array of foods, from pizza and fries to pie and ice cream. Response: Um, heck YES! All we had to do was figure out when we could meet up, since unfortunately we live about four hours away from each other. Luckily, Renegade Craft Fair in San Francisco provided the perfect excuse for a meet-up! I showed up on Saturday and got to spend a lovely evening with lady Twinkie and friends, then came back on Sunday for a full day at the fair, bugged Twinkie all day, and squeezed in a photo session. We braved the crazy wind and dive-bombing seagulls, and I am so pleased with the results! It's so nice to take photos with a friend; you can be awkward and silly together instead of being a lone weirdo. We took video of the day too, so you can see our antics in motion!



That's what we look like when we're in the midst of an incredibly witty conversation. Don't you wish you knew what we were talking about? You'll just have to imagine...


As you can see there were a lot of silly times to be had. After we exhausted our super-modeling skills, we headed back inside, but the fun didn't stop there of course. We had to take advantage of the free photo booth provided by Magnolia Photo Booth Co. (see our snaps here) and take tons of ridiculous phone pictures! The amazingly adorable Twinkie Chan carnival booth was clearly the place to be that day. You can't complain about being surrounded by crocheted food scarves, pizza pins, and ice cream pillows. Speaking of which, helloooo, have you checked out her Shop yet? Get on it! I'll share the sweet treat I snagged for myself in my next post, which will be about the actual craft fair.


So here's a little bit about the dress itself. It was so hard to choose which one I wanted because they're both so cute, but I ended up picking the aqua dress. The fabric is an airy chiffon, and I like the peter pan collar, the covered buttons and the scalloped rick-rack details. The collar and buttons look like a pastel pink on the website, but you can tell by our photos that in person it's more of a bright pink. I absolutely love the kitschy food print, and the little cut-out part on the back is a cute addition. The dress is a bit short on me (I'm 5'7) but not super-short. I wore it for the whole day so I can attest to the fact that it's very comfortable. I got loads of compliments on the dress, so that's a great sign! The colors look great with my hair. I really love it! I'm also wearing my trusty gold Giant Dwarf starlette crown, shoes from TJ-Maxx, and in some of the photos, my cupcake hat by Twinkie Chan. Her pink dress is so pretty too; the tiny black bows on the straps are so sweet!


I could get lost looking at all of the pages and pages of retro-style dresses and accessories on the Sourpuss Clothing website, plus they have some seriously nifty housewares too. I put together a little collection of my favorite things on the site. I am especially in love with the dress: the perfect mint green, with embroidered mermaids on the sleeves! And I wish they made the kitten cardigan in my size!


My Sourpuss Favorites: Fluff Perla Wristlet / Beachcomber Starfish Hair Pins / Mermaid Tea Towel / Atomic Diner Coffee Mug / Pinup Couture Mira The Mermaid Dress / Classic Hardware Seahorse Pin / Retro Kitten Kid's Cardigan / Atomic Bowl

Sourpuss is also offering our readers a 15% off with the discount code UNICORN (all caps), and you can use it until October 14th! Better get to browsing!


It's been a few weeks since our adventure, and I miss that lady so much! I can't wait until we can get together again, hopefully soon. Lots of thanks to Sourpuss Clothing for the dress and the excuse to reunite with my wonderful friend!

Be sure to read Twinkie's post too!

26 comments:

  1. You two are so cute and this looks like a super fun day!

    I haven't come across Twinkie Chan before so thanks for this!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog and love it! So creative and unique! I've added you to my vintage inspiration blog roll :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dresses are adorable & I love the video so much! so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww you guys looked super cute! Twinkie Chan is so talented, I've never heard of her before, but her stuff is so adorable!
    -Bianca
    http://theimpossiblycuteblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys look like you had so much fun! The dress looks awesome on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twinkie Chan is incredible and this day looks like a blast! Really cool to see two similar dresses styled differently, with a little bit of a twist :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute photos!
    I've been a fan of Sourpuss for many years - so cool that they sponsored this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY WORD! That looks like the most fun! You two are the cutest! Like seriously!! GAHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you get your hair that beautiful pale shade of pink? I'm very envious, in a totally admiring and healthy way ;)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my!! this is the cutest thing I ever did see!! all the colours! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. You ladies look gorgeous and I'm so in love with your dresses!! :)

    Lulu xx

    www.luluslittlewonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You two are so cute!!! I love the way you both styled these dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just saw this post on the Sourpuss blog (I'm obsessed with Sourpuss) and have just been introduced to your blog! Can I tell you how much I LOVE this??? You've got a new follower! Great photoshoot with a super cute dress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been eyeing the aqua food dress from Sourpuss for so long, and it looks wonderful on you! Love love love. I will definitely be making use of that discount code... :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. you both look adorable wearing junk food dresses <3
    i really like your knitted drinks :) i'm wondering if i was able to knit something like that <3 anyway, you both are way too adorable :)

    sweetie, your letter is ready and i'm going to send it to you this week <3 sorry, i'm late with everything. i'm going to write about in the letter<3

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the dresses!
    Wish I didn't miss Renegade, I would have loved to meet you two!

    -Rosa
    http://pinkmilkandcookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those outfits are SO adorable!!!

    xo
    Amy
    http://artoftheheartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm feeling so many things:
    First, you both look super cute and fun! Two, those fries are making me hungry and three, that mermaid dress looks like a dream. So pretty!
    Also, I love when you include videos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You know what I'm really regretting that we didn't do when I visited you? PHOTOBOOTH PICTURES! The ones you post always look so fun, and yet I am so awkward and unphotogenic. In a perfect world...

    Anyway, those are such adorable dresses! I really can't believe that I hadn't been following Twinkie Chan's blog before now. Clearly I was missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want that dress so much, and I just headed over to sourpuss. I want EVERYTHING! SO many cute things.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a fun set of photos! You two are absolutely ADORABLE!

    Also, I LOVE Sourpuss clothing. They make such great stuff. Last year I lusted over one of their bat sweaters :)

    xoxo
    C

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just found your blog and already love it, your photos are so dreamy :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, what an adorable pair you make :) Those dresses are so so cute and that cardigan in your favourites is to die for!

    Cara xxx

    glacial-glow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. You two are just the cutest! I love these dresses. They're so dreamy and so very you!
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  25. So jealous!! If I had one of those dresses, I would wear it every time I went out for fast food! Which has been happening a lot lately haha...

    Rachel Emma
    Daydream Frenzy

    ReplyDelete