The Shell Shop


A couple of weekends ago, I headed out to Morro Bay for a little day trip. Whenever I visit this seaside town, my eye is always drawn to the pretty pink and white sign of The Shell Shop. This time, I finally stepped inside the store and took a look at the thousands of shells and other curiosities for sale. There were so many interesting things to see, I had to snap a few photos.


There are shells from all over the world, as well as starfish, coral, and plenty of other oceanic odds and ends. Each piece has a sign displaying its name and where it is from. Also for sale are objects covered in shells, and novelty items like shell sculptures, conch lamps, and shell chandeliers.


Everyone needs a little googley-eyed shell owl, right? My favorite part of the shop is the signage, both the painted signs in the window and of course that giant shell-shaped sign.


Have you ever been to Morro Bay? I'd like to start sharing more places close to home, I just need to make myself feel less awkward about taking photos in public. There are actually a lot of neat places around here.

11 comments:

  1. Coolest store ever. I love the little green frogs with googly eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't knew there were shops like these :o so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a wonderful shop, those owls are adorable.
    your photos are beautiful! I love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I randomly stopped there on a road trip and had so much fun! I think the shell shop was the highlight, followed closely by the volcanic "plug", hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaa, "Excells in shells." I love a good rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you wrote me about that place in the letter I imagined it exactly like that *_*
    So beautiful and magic. Perfect place for such lil mermaid like you <3

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful shop, I remember visiting similar shops along the North Wales coast when I was younger! I think I still have a little trinket box with shells all over it at home :)


    Hayley
    Bonjour, Blogger!
    ceriselle.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, this looks like a super awesome shop! looove that sign, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I just came across your blog and you take the most beautiful pictures ever oh my gosh *-* Amazing blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the pink & white shell sign, so retro.
    The second to last photo looks lovely makes me want to visit morro bay.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. soooo pretty!! I love that Disneyland shell =O
    I need to check out Morro Bay!

    ReplyDelete