Pygmy Hippo Turns Three


Last month we attended Pygmy Hippo Shoppe's third anniversary party, and it was such a fun day! I love visiting the shop and its more-than-fabulous owner, Emi. This was the first year the stars finally aligned and I was able to go to the party. The place was packed the whole time, and it was so nice to witness so much support for this teeny tiny little gem of a store. There were all kinds of treats being offered, from cupcakes and cookies to Boxed Water and old fashioned sodas. The Pocky truck even showed up, and Dolly's Cotton Candy was spinning candy floss in the cutest little cart!


Me and Emi were accidentally reverse matching. I love that lady! I admire her so much for creating such a unique and amazingly curated space; there is truly nothing like that place, and nobody like Emi!


I got to meet some very cool and talented people during the event, like Esther Kim. Esther is an artist I've been following on Instagram for a long time, and she does some really wonderful and fun illustrations. I've been wanting to get one of her books for a while, and Pygmy Hippo had it for sale, so I bought it and Esther signed it for me. I love how she did the lettering!


After the party ended, I got to see Emi and Nathan's pretty-darn-amazing house, then we all went to Pingtung, where we had some delicious dim sum and the best chicken curry of my life.

If you ever find yourself in Los Angeles, make sure to stop by Pygmy Hippo Shoppe! There are so many nifty handmade and vintage treasures to be found there, you'll want to spend forever looking at everything! Plus Emi is awesome and she's so much fun to talk to!


1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8

Above are some of my favorites from the shop. If you've already been, tell me about your experience!

15 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun place! It's definitely on my list of places to visit in LA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! prettiest shop ever. great photos & now I know where I have to go whenever I get around to visiting LA :)

    Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting your blog makes me smile all the time, it's just so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why can't this be in Australia!!! What an amazing store. All the things I love and such cute non employees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw this looks super fun! and i love the reverse matching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an amazing shop! Next time I visit LA I'll be stopping by. c:

    <3
    Harlynn
    www.mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, I love Emi's house! Collectors are the best people, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. neeeeeed. toooo. visiiiiit. thaaaaat. shop! haha.
    looks so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, everything is so beautiful! The fresh cotton candy looks amazing :) Now I almost want to go to LA just to visit. And you are one lucky girl, I really admire Esther Kim and follow her on instagram too. Her work is amazing!

    xo Aubree
    www.macaronsandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow such beautiful things!! i have a new blog, it talks about lots of stuff: hair, makeup, clothes, stores, food! can you check it out? :)

    http://crustycherry.blogspot.pt/

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cotton candy is perfect for this post.... something about it is so innocent and beautiful. Your hair never fails to amaze me! :)

    love, polly
    pollybland.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, what I would to for some cotton candy right now... :)
    xxx,
    Lilla
    http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had never heard of this place until I read your blog! So glitz and kitsch. Thanks for posting :)

    http://topaztic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete